Friday, October 3, 2014

Elaine Gates Recap

I really enjoyed having Elaine come to class yesterday. I thought she was very informative and it was interesting to see how she makes a living with photography. She gave a lot of information on how to make portrait photos look nice and how to make your subject look their best. She talked about taking photos from a flattering angle and to move around your subject to find the angle they look best at. Another thing I found beneficial was her information on lighting and how to work with the lighting you have on any given day. She also talked about finding a shaded area to take photos in or having backlight in your photo. She said to fix things while you're taking the photo rather than fixing them later in photoshop. Overall, I think Elaine's presentation was very beneficial and I learned a lot from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment