Thursday, November 20, 2014

Penn Live

PIAA swimming: Hershey closes out AAA girls' championships with four wins, two records
http://highschoolsports.pennlive.com/news/article/3649710779997320758/piaa-swimming-hershey-closes-out-aaa-girls-championships-with-four-wins-two-records/
a. The article was about Hershey's win of the 
PIAA Class AAA girls' swimming team title last year.  The article talked about a specific girl and the four state records she set. The journalist interviewed her about her last time swimming for her high school. The journalist also gave the times and records set by other athletes at the meet. The article included 17 photos from the competition. A majority of the photos were of the athletes swimming, but there were also photos of the audience, the coaches, and photos of the team after they won. Each photo had a caption that went along with it, further explaining the picture.  The article also included a video of one of Hershey's athletes winning her last individual race as a member of Hershey's swim team. 
b. I found it interesting that the journalist included a video in their article. I also found the information in the article interesting because I knew  a lot of the people that were talked about. 
c. I think I can take a lot from this article to benefit my final project. I choose this article because I thought of doing my project of the dive team which would have similar aspects to this article. I think I can read through the writing of this journalist as a guide for what I can write for my captions and what to ask any athletes or coaches. I also think it was interesting that the article included a video. If I end up doing my project on the dive team I think a video could be beneficial.



No comments:

Post a Comment